Hear From Our Parents}
The Parent Satisfaction SurveyEach school day, CWA strives to meet the high expectations you have of as a parent of Capitol West Academy. We value your perspective and our twice-annual parent satisfaction survey helps us understand how to best support you so we can direct our efforts to constantly improve.
Our commitment to families is evident in the results. Consistently throughout the years, parents report that they would recommend CWA to others.
Some comments from parents:
“Since K5, I’ve been pleased. The teachers go over and above just normal, everyday learning. And that helps me, because it gives me different ways to help my child at home.”
— Latoya Robinson, parent
“People constantly come up to us when we’re out in public and say how well behaved our children are. And I think CWA has a lot to do with that.”
— Terri Murrell, parent
By the NumbersIn a 2018 survey of 160 CWA parents, we received high marks across categories. Here are just a few results we’re especially proud of in the categories of Expectations, Results, and Communication:
Of the Parents Surveyed:
- 100% agreed or strongly agreed that they understand CWA’s expectations for students. Expectations are stated daily in the pledge.
- 97.5% agreed or strongly agreed that those expectations are high.
- 98.1% agreed or strongly agreed that CWA expects quality work from students.
- 96.8% agreed or strongly agreed that CWA teachers care about their child.
- 96.3% agreed or strongly agreed that their child is getting a good education at CWA. CWA teachers work hard to instill the values of academic greatness.
- 95.7% agreed or strongly agreed that the CWA environment is orderly.
- 99.4% agreed or strongly agreed that they feel comfortable discussing their child’s needs with teachers. The passport facilitates this communication.
- 98.7% feel welcome at CWA.
- 98.1% feel they are given the opportunity to be involved at school. Parents can get involved through the Parent Advisory Committee, PAC-planned events, or volunteering.