- Public school for grades K4 through 8 chartered by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Tuition free
- Opened in 2004-05 school year serving 30 children in grades K5 through third; now has about 260 students
- Rigorous academics that create college and career readiness
- Curriculum that emphasizes character development
- Daily communication system with parents called the Passport to Success
- Average student/teacher ratio 20/1
- High marks in twice-yearly parent satisfaction survey
- Uniforms required
- Service learning project each semester in each class
- Strong partnerships with outside entities to help ensure student success
- Neurodevelopmentally informed support available to all students
- Mascot is a Wildcat
Please visit our Resources section for information and documentation, such as our school handbook, calendar, forms and more.
Our Commitment to You
Capitol West Academy provides services to all children without discrimination on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We recognize the value of diversity and our practices respect any cultural need(s) as defined by our consumers. Our school is committed to this statement by responding to these needs prior to enrollment and throughout the service tenure of a consumer.