We are currently hiring a long-term substitute teacher for Grade 4, which is listed below. If you’d like to see the available jobs at our parent-company SaintA, take a look at our MilwaukeeJobs.com listing.
Long-Term Substitute Teacher – 4th Grade
Job Purpose: Capitol West Academy (CWA) is seeking a professional, dynamic and innovative Long-Term Substitute Teacher to teach 4th grade. CWA, where “Rigorous academics and character development inspire lifelong learning”, is a K4-8th grade tuition-free public charter school, authorized by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. This 3-month assignment requires the perfect candidate to complete the following:
* Maintain classroom atmosphere conducive to learning using various motivational and teaching strategies
* Consistently enforce school-wide core values with an emphasis on character education
* Implement PBIS/strategies by recognizing and positively reinforcing appropriate behavior
* Provide detailed lesson plans in school format that focuses on common core standards
* Work collaboratively with other teachers across grade levels and the school’s Instructional Coach
* Analyze intake testing materials
* Develop academic plans that meets the child’s individual learning needs
* BS degree
* Current DPI Licensure
* Successful teaching experience
* Ability to adapt instruction to reach the different strengths of each student
* Strong proactive skills in managing classroom
* Broad knowledge base in several content areas
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Understanding of nuance of urban school environment and culture
Reports to the Coordinator of Student and Family Services
Capitol West Academy provides a safe, nurturing, educational environment where children, with the support of their families and community, learn and grow to be successful lifelong learners and productive citizens.
* Public school for grades K4 through 8 chartered by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
* Opened in 2004-05 school year
* Rigorous academics that create college and career readiness
* Curriculum that emphasizes character development
* Daily electronic communication system with parents called the Passport to Success via Classroom Dojo
* Average student/teacher ratio 24/1
* Uniforms required
* Mascot is a Wildcat
Interested parties please submit a cover letter and resume to email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Minority/Females/Handicap/Veteran